HFM for Interactive Users
Duration : 3 Days | Pricing : Tier III
The Applied HFM End User course is designed to take interactive or view HFM users through the essentials of working in a Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) system. The course begins with a general overview of HFM with a review of HFM terms and the HFM architecture and then focuses on tasks end users must perform during the close cycle. We walk students through understanding HFM dimensionality, creating and modifying grids and forms, debits and credits with journals, inter company reporting, and process control, and building reports using the Smart View client. We finish by going through Workspace to run specific reports and integration with the Microsoft Office suite:
- Overview of HFM
- We unbundle all the components within an HFM implementation and cover the architecture of the product suite and familiarize students with the terminology used in HFM as well as typical design layout. We review all of the tools used in HFM development and demonstrate how all these components fit together: HFM, Grids, Forms, FDM, Workspace, Rules, Reports, and more.
- Data Grids and Forms
- We show users how to create or modify their own data grids, design grids based on different requirements, and cover form design alternatives and the mechanics of building out grids. In addition, this section exposes users to the dimensions and how they inter relate. We cover the default HFM dimensions as well as how custom dimensions relate to accounts. We finish this section by distinguishing form functionality vs. grids and then delve into form creation using the wizard.
- This section goes into the process and mechanics of making debit and credit adjustments. We review the types of adjustments, templates, signoff or approvals, and reporting.
- Inter Company Reporting
- The focus is on the basics of inter company reporting for month end balances. We discuss how HFM stores and eliminates inter company data. We walk users through running and creating inter company reports and overriding settings for existing reports at run time.
- Process Control
- This section covers how the review and promotion process works and includes typical ways companies take advantage of this feature in HFM to manage the close cycle. Users learn how to review the status, promote, and to troubleshoot validation errors that prevent promotion.
- Smart View Client
- If a client is using Smart View, we walk through all the steps for accessing forms through the Excel Smart View client. We go through how to pull data using the functions and the ad hoc report building capabilities that Smart View provides.
- Running Reports
- We show you how to login to Workspace to launch Hyperion Financial Reports.
request information about this course