- Pricing: Tier II
- Duration: 2 Days
This one-day course has been designed to bring Analyzer (called Web Analysis in System 9) developers up to speed on building and designing user interfaces with this flexible java front end. We begin by walking you through designing reports, and then the advanced options such as sorting, ranking, data filtering, and formatting. The focus is then shifted to developing forms and dashboard interfaces. The course finishes with a review of management issues such as security and administration topics.
This course can be delivered on any version of Analyzer or Web Analysis that you may have in house.
- Report Developers
- End Users
- Analyzer Basics
- We take you through the architecture of Hyperion Analyzer/Web Analysis and unravel all of the components. After this short introduction, we begin building ad-hoc reports and show you the drilling behaviors and the member selection options. We cover the data display options for controlling report behavior. We wrap up the basics by taking you through creating charts and split panel reports with both charts and spreadsheets.
- Advanced Reporting Options
- Analyzer has a variety of tools that make analysis of data easier. We look at the advanced formatting options such as sorting and data filtering capabilities, traffic lighting, calculations and charting capabilities of the product. We finish up with miscellaneous topics such as performing updates through Analyzer, controlling spreadsheet options, user preference options, and options available for printing reports in Analyzer.
- Designing Reports
- The Analyzer Report Designer allows developers to create user-friendly interfaces with navigation controls such as drop-down boxes and radio button groups. Spreadsheets, pinboards, and charts can be driven from various member selection controls so that users can navigate easily to find the information they need. We explore and show you how to build these custom forms using the pallet toolbox. Students will then learn how to design pinboard interfaces to create dashboards of key performance indicators.
- Analyzer Administration
- This section addresses the management and deployment of Analyzer. Topics include security management solutions, web deployment options, managing user preferences, backup and recovery, and migration tips and tricks.